cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EF-S lenses on Rebel 2000 film camera

DrxJdaddyxx001
Apprentice

I have an old Rebel 2000 film camera and a newer Rebel T3 digital. I have a couple of EF-S lenses that I would like to be able to use on the film camera. What kind of adapter do I need?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@DrxJdaddyxx001 wrote:

I have an old Rebel 2000 film camera and a newer Rebel T3 digital. I have a couple of EF-S lenses that I would like to be able to use on the film camera. What kind of adapter do I need?

Thanks.

There is no adapter available to mount an EF-S lens on an EF mount body.  This is by design.  You need EF lenses, exclusively, with the Rebel 2000 35mm film camera.  

image_circle.jpg

The EF-S mount was developed for digital cameras that used an image sensor that was smaller than a full 35mm frame.  The full frame sensors were expensive to manufacture, and pretty much still are.  

[EDIT]. Because the APS-C image sensor is smaller that a full frame sensor, the image circle projected by an EF-S lens would [not] fully cover the entire 35mm frame.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is possible to do but I am not going to tell you how since it is an exercise in futility.  I am sure you can find the 'how to' on the ole inner web.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

DrxJdaddyxx001
Apprentice
Thanks Waddizzle and ebiggs1. That's good information to know. I guess I'll be looking for lenses.

The EF-50 / 1.8 would be a good inexpensive start.

Announcements