cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download pics from SD card to computer.

debmax98
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS T6I.  I am unable to download pictures from the SD card to my computer.  I can view the pictures on the camera but can't download them.  Any idea what may be causing this or how I can resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

By what method are you trying to download the pictures?  NFC or USB?  Describe the steps you are taking so that someone else can try to reproduce your issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the Canon Rebel T6I.  I'm plugging the camera into my PC using USB

@debmax98 wrote:

I have a Canon EOS T6I.  I am unable to download pictures from the SD card to my computer.  I can view the pictures on the camera but can't download them.  Any idea ... how I can resolve it?

1)  A card reader

2)  The latest version of EOS Utility

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you Bob.  Just one additional question.  When I try an download the pictures, I get an error of "We can't show you this file right now.  Try again later".  Would the card reader resolve that?

@debmax98 wrote:

Thank you Bob.  Just one additional question.  When I try an download the pictures, I get an error of "We can't show you this file right now.  Try again later".  Would the card reader resolve that?

It should. Unlike the camera, the card reader doesn't have anything else to do. You do, of course, have to wait until the image is written to the card before you take the card out of the camera. So if there's a problem getting the data onto the card, a card reader won't fix that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements