cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect EOS 4000D to Laptop

usama265
Apprentice

I am unable to connect my newly bought Cannon EOS 4000D to my laptop even after I tried with wifi disabled Can any body tell me what is the problem or if it's not compatible with laptop

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. Mac or Windows laptop?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. advancedmd Mac or Windows laptop?

It is often reported that Windows 10 computers do not recognize Canon DSLRs. This post shares 9 methods to solve the ‘Windows 10 won't recognize Canon camera’ error. Also, learn the right way to access Canon camera photos and videos on Windows PC.

HaroldBetts
Apprentice

The common reasons for Windows not detecting Canon camera are: USB driver is corrupt or not updated. Install the wrong version of Canon EOS Utility software. Windows 10 not updated.

MyLowesLife

@Kidd259 wrote:

@usama265 wrote:

I am unable to connect my newly bought Cannon EOS 4000D to my laptop even after I tried with wifi disabled Can any body tell me what is the problem or if it's not compatible with laptop

I couldn't get my canon to sync usb until I disabled the wifi and NFC on the camera. It was as interfering with the camera connect somehow

I think this post is spot on the money.  I don't think you can connect to a computer via Wi-Fi, just smart devices like phones and tablets.  You will have to disable all of the wireless connectivity, enable the USB connectivity, and use a USB cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Does your laptop have an SD card slot or USB port? If it has an SD card port I recommend simply removing the SD card from you camera and inserting it into the computer, if you have a USB port, simply get a card reader and that will work fine. It should be just as fast to do, will download faster and will not drain your camera battery in the process.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Benjamin31
Apprentice

I got myself a Canon EOS 4000D last week, and when I connect it to my PC, my PC won't even acknowledge that the camera is connected. The camera has a USB mini connector which I found odd since to me this seems a bit outdated. Is there a new type of USB mini, or is it something else?

SkylightPaycard

Nope a regular old USB-Mini. Newer cameras have USB-C

Are you using the cable that came with the camera? Some cables are only charging cables; the one Canon supplies is a data cable.

Is WiFi turned off?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements