cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to download pictures from Rebel T5i and get Device Not Connected or Busy.What do I do?

DrWho1965
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
We need much more info if we are to able to try and help you.

What computer operating system.

What software are you using to download.

Are you using the cable that came with the camera.

Do you have a card reader you can use vs connecting the camera.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for replying to my request. I am using a desktop computer with a Windows 7 OS. I am trying to download my pictures into Photoshop Elements 11 a process that I have done on numerous occasions. I at first tried to download the pictures by inserting the SD card into the computer. Photoshop recognized the card and indicated there were 449 pictures of which 27 had been downloaded before. When I clicked on Get Media I rcd. the statement Device Not Connected or Busy. I then tried the process using a card reader and by attaching the camera to the computer with the same results. I then took a card from my Canon 260 which I had recently used and loaded it and when I clicked on the Get Media tab Photoshop downloaded it as usual. So, I am at a loss as to why the pictures from the T5i can't be downloaded. Any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated . Also, please not I am not a tech. oriented person.

Seems like the problem is related to the card.

If you insert card in card reader can you read the card in Windows Explorer?

Is the card an SDXC card - i.e. greater than 32GB capacity? Perhaps the computer cannot read the SDXC format?

If the 260 card is an SD or SDHC card try installing and formatting in the T5i and see if that downloads.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The camera requires no drivers or extras to work with Win 7.  Does the camera show up in Windows Explorer?  If it does not, you maybe need a new USB cable.  Or, perhaps your USB port is faulty.  Try a different port.  Get a new hi-speed bi-directional USB cable.

Another possibility is the SD card is corrupted.  Try a different or better yet a new SD card in the T5i.  Does it work now?

You can try a recovery program.  Some are free and some are even included with the SD card.

Not too likely is PSE 11 is corrupted and may need to be removed and re-installed.  Try the easy and free first. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If all else fails, a card reader which most computers have built in, is the way to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements