cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to pc from sd card

illininutt
Enthusiast

I used to get a page that has all the pictures on the sd card and put a check by the ones I want to download.  I can no longer get that option.  To download now I must download EVERY picture on the sd card.  Is there a system/download that I can get to offer WHICH pictures I want downloaded?

9 REPLIES 9

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, your camera model, and what software you're using to download your photos. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Windows 7/Canon T3I is what I have.  I have NO special software to do this.  I just het the sd card....put it in the pc....and nothing happens.  What software/profram do I need to have the pics show up and be able to download certain pictures.

You say you used to be able to have a program open and you saw every file and you could choose which one sto download and now you don't?

Have you made any changes to the computer?

If you have a T3i do you have Canon Zoombrowser on the orginal CD?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

You say you used to be able to have a program open and you saw every file and you could choose which one sto download and now you don't?

Have you made any changes to the computer?

If you have a T3i do you have Canon Zoombrowser on the orginal CD?

Through all such discussions (and we seem to have many), one fact remains constant: A card reader is a better choice than direct download.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I bought the camera used.  No cd's came with it.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Agree. OP says that he/she is putting card in PC, so must be using card reader.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
illininut - do you know how to change AutoPlay settings?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No. I know very little about the pc.

Double Click the Computer icon.

Insert your SD card into the PC card reader.

Right click the disk icon - select Open AutoPlay

Choose "Open folder to view files"

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements