cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring pictures

c_gamblejr
Apprentice

I have a Rebel EOS T3 and a computer with windows 10 and I find the camera and can look at the pictures but it don't have a way of transferring the pictures to the computer, am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK. I just re-read and saw that you can see the camera.

You can then access the camera folder with the images, select the images and copy them to a folder on your PC. That's the brute force way.

Capture.JPG

Double click camera icon and you should see:

Capture2.JPG

Then double click SD icon and keep burrowing down to the files.

Capture3.JPG

If you go here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-1d-mark-i...

select Windows 7 and download the EOS Utility Updater and the EOS  Solution Disk. You may need to select Drivers & Downloads and then Software.

Install the Solution disk first and then upfdate EOS Utility. Then you can run EOS Utility to download files. If you double click the camera icon EOS Utility should open.

Capture4.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What happens when you connect the camera to the PC and switch the camera on?

Are you in North America or the EU?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

c_gamblejr
Apprentice
It makes a sound like it recognizes it's there but nothing else comes up. I'm in the USA. Thank you

Reason I asked is that EU versions of Windows don't come with Media Center software. 

If if you have camera connected and turned on and go into My Computer do you see the camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OK. I just re-read and saw that you can see the camera.

You can then access the camera folder with the images, select the images and copy them to a folder on your PC. That's the brute force way.

Capture.JPG

Double click camera icon and you should see:

Capture2.JPG

Then double click SD icon and keep burrowing down to the files.

Capture3.JPG

If you go here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-1d-mark-i...

select Windows 7 and download the EOS Utility Updater and the EOS  Solution Disk. You may need to select Drivers & Downloads and then Software.

Install the Solution disk first and then upfdate EOS Utility. Then you can run EOS Utility to download files. If you double click the camera icon EOS Utility should open.

Capture4.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No the camera isn't recognized it shows in the "Other Drivers" but then disappears

c_gamblejr
Apprentice
Thank you, I downloaded a Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit from Microsoft and it worked with no problems.
Announcements