cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took this sunrise picture...how to improve it?

CheckeredFlag
Contributor

So how can I improve this shot...before I take it next time......and using picture improvement software???

Sunrise.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

CheckeredFlag
Contributor

Hmmm let me relaod that

Looks pretty good to me as is. What do you want to do to it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

cicopo
Elite

The dark area appears to be water with waves. If I'm correct you need to correct the fact that all the water is going to drain off to the right. Level the horizon. I'd likely brighten up that area a bit too, but just a bit. The sky looks fine as is.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

hsbn
Whiz

The sky is amazing. I think it's a little crowded and chaotic with no clear focal point. It's hard to really say what you can do to improve the photo without being at the place. But here some of my take (just my personal opinion, other people may disagree)

- I would go wider, much wider to capture the whole beautiful sky (maybe include the sun). I would probably use the slower shutter speed to calm the water a bit and blur out the bird.

-Or I could close in on the bird, much closer to capture.

-If there is some pattern in the bird movement I would isolate on that too but I don't think it was the case.

Just my 2cents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you for the replies, I will practice at trying these methods.

Announcements