cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 for Canon 1300D - Notice a half oval shape shadow (small) with flash click

jeet
Contributor

I recently purchased Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 lens for my 1300D Cannon SLR. I notice a half oval shape shadow (small) in the bottom line of the picture is coming when I click any photo with flash. I have tried click without lens hood but it is still coming. The clear photo is only coming if I click photo without flash. If I zoom the lens till 16mm and click with flash then a tiny shadow appears. Without flash, it is working perfectly fine. One of my friend experience the same issue with canon 70-300mm lens. 

Can anyone help me how to fix this shadow issue? Is this a flash problem or will I need to check my camera to service centre? Or is this a manufacture issue with EOS 1300D? Please help.

15 REPLIES 15

@kvbarkley wrote:

I think the key is that the 7D flash can be an on board Optical Master, which can be very convenient.

And does the 7D use a prism or mirrors for the viewfinder. Could be that pro cameras with prisms don't have room for a cobra flash.

The 7D uses a prism. But of course it doesn't have to be as big as the prism in a 5D.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for your help. Today I have tried with flash diffuser and I got positive result. Can you guide me if I plan for the "

Digitek Flash DFL-200T PRO-089IRT-C" external flash for my slr. I don't want to invest more for my basic camera.

I don't know, we don't do third party flashes much around here.

What is wrong with the 320EX or the 270 EX II?

@jeet wrote:

Thanks for your help. Today I have tried with flash diffuser and I got positive result. Can you guide me if I plan for the "

Digitek Flash DFL-200T PRO-089IRT-C" external flash for my slr. I don't want to invest more for my basic camera.

Stick with a Canon flash, so that you can fully control the flash through the camera menus.  Check out Canon's online refurbished store.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Okay, I will check and try to purchase branded one. Thanks to everyone for the solutions 🙂

Thank you so much for your explanation. I go the point.

Announcements