cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Canon EOS Rebel T6

owlietenil2
Apprentice

Hello guys, I'm looking into buying my first profesional camera and I found this one. I don't have a big budget so I think it might be a good option. Have you used it? Is it good for beginner's photography? I would really appreciate any comment. I'll leave the link to it below. Either way, thank you for your feedback and have a nice day!

15 REPLIES 15

Ordered from Canon refurbished website, it comes with standard kit zoom n the 75-300 zoom. Canon gives you the option of getting a partial shipment if all elements of order aren't available but I am sure I didn't OK that. I was going to call in any case when I saw they updated the deal  for the camera and both lenses for $288 from $320. Just bothered me that my account says backorfered while their website says in stock

" it comes with standard kit zoom n the 75-300 zoom."

I don't think the 75-300mm comes in the same box. I wouldn't worry but make sure they give you the correct lower price. They will.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Vince69 wrote:

Ordered from Canon refurbished website, it comes with standard kit zoom n the 75-300 zoom. Canon gives you the option of getting a partial shipment if all elements of order aren't available but I am sure I didn't OK that. I was going to call in any case when I saw they updated the deal  for the camera and both lenses for $288 from $320. Just bothered me that my account says backorfered while their website says in stock

If you ordered from the Canon Refurbished Store, then you're probably okay.  They do not use the standard packaging.  You just might receive three boxes inside of a shipping box.  But, if they are shipping partial, let's hope it is the camera and the 18-55mm lens.  

You will need a memory card.  I recommend a Sandisk "Extreme" 32 GB full size SD card.  Avoid the micro-SD cards at all costs.  They will always fail because of the plastic adapter.  They are fine without it, though.  Visit a Best Buy, if its' open.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the advice. I already bought a 64gb Lexar Professional full-size class 10. I am looking forward to receiving the order. $288 for the T6 and two zoom lenses is a great deal. 

" I already bought a 64gb Lexar Professional full-size class 10."

IMHO, 64GB is too big. You run too great of risk losing all your photos if such a catastrophic happens. You are better off with several smaller SD cards and switch them. A DSLR is not a photo storage device. If you try to use it for one some day you might be rethinking that path.

My max size is 32GB and I mainly use 16GB for myself. I usually keep six in my bag. Of course my camera holds two CF cards so I don't have yo switch them too often. However, SD cards are much easier to switch out. And, of course most of what I do is critical and can not be lost.  If you are just snapshoting  for funsy I guess you might view this differently.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Smiley Happy I agree with Rick, it is good advice.

But to some points;

"I'm looking into buying my first profesional camera..."   The T6 is not a professional level camera. Ans, you are not looking for that level of camera right now.

" I don't have a big budget ..."    Most of us do. That is why it makes sense to buy "right" the first time so you don't have to buy twice.

"Is it good for beginner's photography?"     It is.  However, let's examine just how beginner you are and just how interested in photography you are.  Make sense?

I did DSLR 101 classes a while back. I will say most of the people had Canon Rebels.  Most were the beginner bottom of the line models like the T6. Some never expressed any desire to go beyond that level but a few did. Now we must figure out which group you are in.  Once you get a camera like the T6 it is easy to get bitten by the photography bug. It is easy to out grow a T6.  If you feel that is you, you are better served by buying up a bit.  For instance the T7i or the latest T8i.  They are still in the beginner class but they have features that will take you far.

That said, it really isn't the camera that lets you down although a better camera is better, it is the lens.  I always recommend you buy the best lenses you possibly can. I would prefer to have the T6 and a world class lens, that a top of the line camera with the poorest lens made.

STOP and think which group do you think you fit. If you just want great snaps of general stuff the T6 is going to blow you away.  However, if you believe you might be more interested in the fascinating hobby of photography look at the T7i ot T8i.

EB
Announcements