Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Thoughts on Canon EOS Rebel T6

"You will have a camera that you will hold onto for years to come!"

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-eos-80d-ef-s-18-55-ef-s-55-250-is-stm-bundle

And that is why this is actually a cheaper best practice buy.  Yes it is a bigger outlay at first but will save you from re-buying when you decide to take your hobby further. If you are certain this is just a passing interest than go for the T6, or better choice T7 but keep in mind they are both basic beginner cameras. Folks that just want great photos for memories either of these will be a great choice.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

Re: Thoughts on Canon EOS Rebel T6

[ Edited ]

" I am curious as to why one should not? Does Canon manufacture its kirs differently for different distributors?"

My biggest complaint is the packages that Amazon sells, or whomever they advertise for on the Amazon web site. All the ones I have seen are total junk.  Screw on lenses they call telephotos or WA lenses when they are not or useless filters.  Flimsy tripods, other useless stuff, etc. Questionable quality SD cards and possibly off brand batteries.

"Does Canon manufacture its kirs differently for different distributors?

No they don't.  Even the unauthorized cameras, grey market, are made exactly as the Canon USA cameras. The main most problem is if you need service or warranty or support. Canon USA is not obligated to do any of that. There may not be an English manual or instructions included. Repair if possible may be at an unauthorized shop or even overseas. It can take weeks or more.

When I was doing the DSLR 101 classes, I saw a lot of Amazon kit packages.  My best friends wife bought one. Smiley Sad

I asked her why when she had me at hand to ask what to buy?  She said she got everything from Amazon. People do!

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!