cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The screen on my Canon camera has gone blank. I can still take pictures, however.

MHP
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which camera model are you talking about?  Can you see anything on the screen, like the menus, image playback, etc.? 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have a Rebel T6s & the LCD monitor turns dark grey when I turn camera on.  Settings are displayed in view finder.  Have only had this camera since Feb.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Still under warranty. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. They will help you and if it needs service they can arrange for you.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yeah, calling Canon Support seems to be your best course of action. 

However, your symptoms are consistent with the camera going into Movie Mode, immediately on power-up.  The grey LCD screen could be explained by the lens cap covering the lens, when the camera is in Movie Mode.  Make sure the power switch is in the "On" position, and not the position that shows the "Movie Mode" icon.  Then again, your power switch could also have an issue, too.

Again, contacting Canon support is your best course of action for a swift solution.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your input.  'Just called Canon and was told that the LCD screen is dead.  😞  Now to send it in for repair...

Announcements