cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The possible scratches on the mount

Roman_S
Contributor

Please, may anybody help me? I was going to buy a canon rebel t3i in a shop but found these scratches on the mount. Is it the serious problem? Does it mean that the camera was used by somebody or it is normal? 

1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Was this a Pawn Shop?  No reputable dealer would try to sell that as 'new'.  Unopened!  Somebody jacked with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you very much for your answer! 

It isn't a pawn shop. It is a common shop which sells electronics. One of the little commercial network shops. This gear was given me as an untouched device from from the storage.

``Unopened! ``

What was unopened?

``Unopened! ``

What was unopened?

A brand new item that is sold as brand new can not be in a "opened box".  No reputable dealer would do that without disclosing it.  The from the factory box must be 'unopened'.

EB

Thank you very much!

Must the box be covered with a plastic film before the customer bought it? The camera was in the closed (merely closed but not sealed) box when it was brang to me. The openings of the body and the kit lens was standartly closed. The body, the lense and all other items was in the closed (not sealed) pockets. I'm afraid I can't find any dslr in the shops of my city which are selling in the sealed boxes for I tried to find any and searched many shops but didn't found. In all shops DSLR cameras are selling in the closed but not sealed boxes.

The boxes from Canon are not sealed in anything.  But yours was obiviously either opened by someone or Canon missed the final inspection.  I suspect that someone before you opend the box and messed with the camera.  Take it back to the store and complain.

EB

Thank you for your explanation! 

superimposed
Contributor
It's been so long now, but it seems like my T3i had different wrappings around the camera parts to prevent scratches and abbrasions. I would take it back and complain. If it's a mail order, I would send them the pictures of the product and ask them to either replace it or give you some money back because it is a used camera. Good luck. I'm not sure if a credit card company could help in this situation if that was your method of payment ???
Music, Photography, Art, Everything Beautiful

Thank you! I hadn't bought the camera but onely reserved it in the shop by phone and then come and inspect it having intention to buy. But when I'd saw the scratches I shot them and posted here whereas the camera was left in the shop storage.

Announcements