cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AF is not functioning, only on P, TV or M. All others dont work. what can be?

bodasdeoro
Apprentice

My camera stopped doing the AF adjustments and can not shoot a picture in the basic settings such portrait, landscape etc.  I can only shoot on TV, P or M but the pictures are very blurry!  supposedly, my computer was reset to factory on "P", but stil is not functioning, an ideas, help?

6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority
Hi
Look at the AF MF switch on the side of the LENS not the camera. Is there any chance the little switch on the lens has gotten bumped, and is set to MF instead of AF? One of my lenses has a switch that is easy to click accidentally and it happens sometimes.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks, thanks for your reply. Actually, I have already checked on that.  I keep it on AF.  I know that I can change it to M for manually if I get use the M mode.

NO, still does not works. I have used it on daylight and still doe not shoot.

cale_kat
Mentor

@bodasdeoro wrote:

My camera stopped doing the AF adjustments and can not shoot a picture in the basic settings such portrait, landscape etc.  I can only shoot on TV, P or M but the pictures are very blurry!  supposedly, my computer was reset to factory on "P", but stil is not functioning, an ideas, help?

Could you tell me what the "computer" is? What does "reset to factory on "P" mean? 

I called canon and what they did was to reset to factory settings.  i told them that I could still take some "kind of blurry" pictures on  P mode.  They instructed me to reset to factory settings been at "P" mode in m y camera.    Still, after clearing, didnt worked.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Can you try a different lens?  And/or a different camera?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As you said, the motor is within the lens.  I will be trying to test it out with a diffent lens.  I just hope that it is that.  Thanks for your reply. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help.

Announcements