cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephoto and Wide Angle Lenses in Bundle I purchased - how to use?

nanlyter
Apprentice

I purchased a bundle on Amazon that included the EOS Rebel t6i, along with the 75-200 additional lens.  The bundle also includes  Polaroid-brand  telephoto and wide angle lenses.  I cannot seem to figure out how to attach and use these Polaroid lenses.  It appears each one will screw into the end of the Canon lenses, but I would really love instructions or a video on how to properly use and take photos with these lenses.  Can anyone direct me?

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, can you post a picture? Point us to the bundle?

If these Polaroid "lenses" don't attach to the camera like the 75-200, you can just throw them away, they will be worse than nothing. Even if they *do* attach to the camera like EOS lenses, you should probably throw them away.

They do screw onto the Canon lenses, but I am not sure how to focus and use them properly.  Thanks for any help.

They are just filters, you screw them on, and let the camera do the rest. Have you tried them? You might need to focus on something far away since they will probably mess up focusing up close.

"Yes, here is a link to the bundle ..."

If I were you I would return that kit today.  As soon as possible, don't delay.  The sad truth, I am sorry to say, is it is mostly junk.

You can than buy the camera and gear from a reputible retailer like B&H, Adorama, Roberts, Best Buy, etc.  It will cost you more, possibly much more, but there is a reason why.  Sorry.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"... you can just throw them away, they will be worse than nothing."

Sad but true!  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"... you can just throw them away, they will be worse than nothing."

Sad but true!  Smiley Sad

I would not waste any time returning it.  I haven't looked at the link, but I don't need to.  You said the magic words, "screw on lens".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I purchased a bundle on Amazon that included the EOS Rebel t6i, along with the 75-200 additional lens. "

If that is not a typo, 75-300 it should be, then do hurry up and return it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I did mean to type 75-300 for the lens.  I guess some of these extras in the bundle are not what they were cracked up to be, but they really didn't cost me any extra either.   Sooo....thanks, every one, for your prompt advice.  Next time I'll remember to come here and get your advice before I purchase!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements