cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamron vs Sigma

chief
Rising Star

Which would be the better lens and are both compatible with my 6d

Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens for Canon Tamron A011C-700 SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon EF Cameras

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There are advantages to each.  I chose the Sigma because of the Sigma Dock.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

is it compatible with 6d?

@chief wrote:

is it compatible with 6d?

Both Tamron and Sigma make different versions of the same lens for different mounts.  Make sure that you get a 150-600mm lens with the Canon EF mount, for full frame camera bodies.  Either the Tamron or the Sigma will work just fine with a 6D.    

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority
A Sigma zooms the same way as a Canon. A Tamron zooms the same way as a Nikon.

Peter wrote:

And yet, in all of Japan they drive on the left. Go figure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Peter wrote:

Actually a very good example. After one year in Japan, I drove on the left side at home for about five seconds before I realized that I wasn´t in Japan anymore.

I sold off my Tamron 200-500 and 28-75 due to the different zoom directions compared to my canon lenses. And of course due to the lack of IQ and AF speed compared to my Canon lenses.

Peter wrote:

RobertTheFat wrote:

Peter wrote:

Actually a very good example. After one year in Japan, I drove on the left side at home for about five seconds before I realized that I wasn´t in Japan anymore.

I sold off my Tamron 200-500 and 28-75 due to the different zoom directions compared to my canon lenses. And of course due to the lack of IQ and AF speed compared to my Canon lenses.

I remember reading about it when Sweden switched to driving on the right. But I'm sure you're too young to have experienced that.  Smiley Happy

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

can you explain difference in zoom between canon and nikon

That refers to which direction you rotate the collar to increase the magnification (or zoom in on the target) I set does it (when looking from the viewfinder end by turning the collar clockwise, the other set turn counter clockwise.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements