cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 550D Takes one picture on start up and then focuses but will not take another

Travsmaz
Contributor

Cannon (UK Build) 550d - T2i

18 REPLIES 18

Travsmaz
Contributor
To confirm. I have an original canon lens and aftermarket tamron and the camera offers the same problems with either lenses.

Can you take pictures without issues when the lens is set to MF?  Have you checked the memory card, to be sure its' good?

Double check the internal menu settings.  Check the owner's manual on how to reset the camera. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried a different battery?

Travsmaz
Contributor
No, it has the same issues be it on AF or MF. I have changed the memory card and also done a standard clear settings reset. I do not have access to the manual so not sure how to do a hard reset or if this is even possible.
Please note it takes a picture on start up and often when you are turning the dial between different settings. Any additional ideas would be much appreciated if ya have any?

You can download a manual. Google Canon manual for 550D. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Travsmaz
Contributor
I have changed the battery, I have two for travel purposes and it posed no change at all. Thanks

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Travsmaz wrote:
Cannon (UK Build) 550d - T2i

You have to change the 'Drive Mode', as suggested above you need to downloaed the manual.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-rebel-t2i...

Travsmaz
Contributor
I have changed the drive mode in hope of using the two second feature, at least this way it could still take pictures. However it still has the same issue.....

@Travsmaz wrote:
I have changed the drive mode in hope of using the two second feature, at least this way it could still take pictures. However it still has the same issue.....

What is camera doing?  Is the red "busy" light lit up?  Does it show the shot image on the LCD before it hangs?  Does everything else work, except for taking a shot?  Does it download image files?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements