cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i with 2.2x telephoto

weststark2002
Apprentice
When I put the Commander 2.2X telephoto lens on my 18-55mm lens, it has a black ring around the picture like looking through a paper towel cardboard tube. When I zoom in, it does go way out to the border, but is still a hazy circle around edges of picture. Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Check to see if your editing software can fix vignetting. That is what you need.

Of course, this is what you get if - to try to be charitable - use less than optimal non-canon lenses.

I strongly suggest you look at the EF-S 55-250 mm lens. It will get you even more reach at much better quality.

weststark2002
Apprentice
Thanks @kvbarkley. Yeah, it came with the bundle I ordered, so I figured it might be that. I’ll have to upgrade to a better lens.

Unfortunately the bundled kits sold on sources like Amazon and eBay are either junk or useless.  There really is no other way to describe them.

Editing software is not likely to fix the black circle problem because there likely isn't any photo info in it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

weststark2002
Apprentice
Correct @ebiggs1. The black circle is the actual lens tunnel, where the 18-55mm lens has a wider view than the telephoto, so you get this effect. As mentioned, when fully zoomed, it is minimal around the fringe, and can just be cropped out, but I wanted to be sure there wasn’t a setting or something I needed to adjust since it is a new camera for me.

"...since it is a new camera for me."

On the bright side you learned something about photography. That's always a good thing. SOmetimes it is an expensive thing!  I just wish you had come here first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements