cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i starts taking pictures automatically when powered on

blagassie
Apprentice

I've got a Canon T7i that is doing something strange.  I took the memory card out do download photos.  When I put the memory card back in the camera and power the camera on, the orange light on the right side of the camera body flashes rapidly and the camera starts taking pictures.... Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@blagassie wrote:

I've got a Canon T7i that is doing something strange.  I took the memory card out do download photos.  When I put the memory card back in the camera and power the camera on, the orange light on the right side of the camera body flashes rapidly and the camera starts taking pictures.... Any suggestions???

Buy a new memory card.  

Also, try to power up the camera without a memory card.  Set the top dial to P.  Go into the menus and reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@blagassie wrote:

Buy a new memory card.  

Also, try to power up the camera without a memory card.  Set the top dial to P.  Go into the menus and reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks - factory reset did the trick

@blagassie wrote:

Thanks - factory reset did the trick

I gave you a 'Kudo" for acknowledging that you got a fix for your problem. Too many folks that ask for help do NOT say THANKS!

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
Announcements