cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i not downloading to Iphone

61mercury
Apprentice

I'm having trouble downloading from my EOS Rebel T7i to my new Xr iPhone. It worked fine when I first got the camera (2 months ago) and phone (same) but now I only see the last 3 photos shot and instead of being able to view the remaining photos, there are only question marks ?, where the photos should be. I've deleted and reloaded all settings as well as the Camera Connect app but still nothing. And, the 3 most recent photos I do see won't download to the phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The Canon app does not automatically download every file in the camera. You may need to manually select files to be downloaded.

Once the Canon app downloads a file it will mark the file as downloaded. This is done so that the next time you download photos you will not get repeats.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The app will not download the photos after manually selecting. And, these are recent photos that haven't been downloaded to the phone, or anywhere else. Also, there is no preview of the photo, just a ? where the photo should be. 

UPDATE: This morning the camera will not connect to the iPhone. iPhone sees the camera and recognizes the wifi signal but the camera will not connect and eventually times out with an error message of "Connection target not found".

Hello 61mercury, 

There are some things that we would like to check.

First, in the iOS Wi-Fi settings

1. Go to Settings> Wi-Fi on the iOS device and touch the little blue "i" in a circle next to the camera's SSID (which should show connected, but may not).

2. Choose "Forget This Network".

3. Then, start from the beginning to re-establish a Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the camera.

The second part we would like to check is below.

At times, the Canon Camera Connect application for iOS may behave incorrectly when attempting to connect an iOS device to a camera via Wi-Fi. Deleting the app's saved state in the background can oftentimes correct this. This does not harm the app or the device and simply causes the app to launch with a default "state", which can eliminate many issues that prevent the app from connecting to the camera and performing correctly.

To delete the saved state for Canon Camera Connect, do one of the following:

On an iOS device with a Home Button (prior to the iPhone X):
Delete the app's saved state by double-clicking the home button, scroll through the saved states of the apps and find the Canon Camera Connect app, then swipe it up to delete it.
Re-launch the app.

On the iPhone X:

1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.

2. Swipe left or right to find the Camera Connect app.

3. Swipe up on the Camera Connect app to delete it's background saved state.

4. Re-launch the app.

NOTE: If the Canon Camera Connect app is not performing properly or the camera does not remain connected when attempting to connect with Canon Camera Connect, always attempt to delete the saved state of the app BEFORE uninstalling and re-installing the app and before doing a hard re-boot of the device. This should be troubleshooting step #1 when troubleshooting Canon Camera Connect.

We also recommended ensuring that your iOS device is updated to the latest version.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response, Tim. I completed all of the steps according to your directions and the devices will not connect, "connection target not found". Tried to connect to another iPhone (model SE) with the same results. "connection target not found".

Tim
Authority

Hello 61mercury, 

If the previous password is still registered in the smartphone settings, the Wi-Fi may not be established correctly. In that case, on the smartphone's Wi-Fi settings screen, delete the connection settings for the camera and enter the connection settings again. This should resolve any issues and allow the camera to reconnect with the software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements