cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i half pic is a random color

oklasteve1962
Apprentice
I’m new to photography and could really use some help. My T7i takes great pics most of the time. However, sometimes when I take a picture some or all of the picture is a random solid color. It happens using the view finder and the digital screen. I’ve tried different lenses and it still happens. I only have two lenses but they are both Canon lenses. I have formatted the card and it still does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Can you post a sample?

It sounds like the sensor is dying. Do you ever see it in live view before you take the picture?

Is it a full size card, or a microcard with adapter?

Did you try a new card?

Do you see it when you playback on the camera, or only after import to a computer?

Peter
Authority
Authority

Low level format the card. Change card if it still continues after that.

oklasteve1962
Apprentice
Changing the card seems to have fixed the problem. Such a simple solution. Thank you for your help and time. I’ll try it more over the next few days and if I still have problems I’ll be back for more advice. Again, thank you.

"Low level format the card. Change card if it still continues after that."

Low level format probably didn't make any difference but changing the SD card is spot on and very good advice. However, a further suggestion is, not just any SD card.  Buy a top brand and buy it from a known good retailer. Amazon is not a known good retailer, BTW.  Amazon itself is fine but a lot of their market place is not.  It isn't easy to tell where your SD card comes  from.  A lot of them are junk and have issues like you saw even if they look like top brands.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements