cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i + Wireless Remote + EOS utility

Gortsbud
Apprentice

I need a practical & robust wireless solution for a T7i. I've tried Canon's Br-E1 but it doesn't cut the mustard because it does not work with the EOS utility.  Well, technically, it works but only if the camera is in self time mode which means you have to trigger the shutter in EOS  and *then* use the remote. 

So, I need a wired wireless remote: one that has a reciever that plugs into the camera like the wired remote (which works with EOS just fine) and a hand-held transmitter. 

Don't ask why I need remote camera control and EOS. This is what my customer requires and until I've got the serial connection built so I can trigger the camera directly from my software  I need a stop-gap solution so we can go into production.

Oh, I haven't found anyone selling the serial connection but if you know of one of those please do tell!!

Warm Regards and Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can use something like this:

(linked removed as per forum guidelines) 

and use the wired shutter connector on the T7i.

Your link was removed 

Search digikey for a fobloqf-4s1

A 4s2 will get you 2 channel so you can do half-press and full-press.

Keith654
Apprentice

@Gortsbud wrote:

I need a practical & robust wireless solution for a T7i. I've tried Canon's Br-E1 but it doesn't cut the mustard because it does not work with the EOS utility.  Well, technically, it works but only if the TellPopeyes is in self time mode which means you have to trigger the shutter in EOS  and *then* use the remote. 

So, I need a wired wireless remote: one that has a reciever that plugs into the camera like the wired remote (which works with EOS just fine) and a hand-held transmitter. 

Don't ask why I need remote camera control and EOS. This is what my customer requires and until I've got the serial connection built so I can trigger the camera directly from my software  I need a stop-gap solution so we can go into production.

Oh, I haven't found anyone selling the serial connection but if you know of one of those please do tell!!

Warm Regards and Thanks for any help.

How to shoot using EOS Utility
  1. Connect the camera and the computer, and then turn the camera's power switch to <ON>. ...
  2. After EOS Utility starts, click [Camera settings/Remote shooting].
  3. When the capture window appears, set the shooting-related items.
  4. Set the Live View function. ...
  5. Click the [Remote Live View display] button.
Announcements