cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i Battery Grip.

fewcrank
Apprentice

I, for the life of me, can't find any battery grips for the t7i. Are they any at all that fit it?

38 REPLIES 38

This seems pretty clear!

"At this time Canon does not have a dedicated battery grip for the EOS Rebel T7i.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well."

Doesn't it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes until Canon's UK site has this battery grip for the T7i, that's what muddied the waters...they still have not taken it off after admitting it was a mistake https://store.canon.co.uk/canon-bg-e8-battery-grip/4516B001/?nav=accessories%2Ccameraaccessories%2Cb...

“I am almost positive the BG-E18 battery grip will work on the T7i.”

All of the cameras that do not have a battery grip released by Canon share one thing in common.  They lack extra contacts in their battery compartments for control buttons, like the shutter and main wheel.

I have no idea what those extra contacts on a battery grip would inside of a battery compartment not designed to accommodate them, but it might not be a good thing.  It just might damage the camera.  

I find it hard to believe that Canon would endorse such a configuration of camera and accessory.  I strongly advise against using a Canon grip designed for another model.  I think you might let the smoke out of the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you, Waddizzle!

But you got me wrong. I'm not talking about a third party gear. The grip is originally manufacured and sold by Canon. Canon itself claims that the grip BG-E8 can be used with the T7i.

My only problem is that I don't trust their website.

@Cassell wrote:

Thank you, Waddizzle!

But you got me wrong. I'm not talking about a third party gear. The grip is originally manufacured and sold by Canon. Canon itself claims that the grip BG-E8 can be used with the T7i.

My only problem is that I don't trust their website.

Okay, some third party manufacturers assign model numbers to accessories that are similar to Canon model model numbers.

Yes I saw a BG-E8 battery grip in Adorama Camera made by some company Green-something

Cassell
Contributor

Canon contacted me.

And they said that their website is wrong. The grip can't be used with the T7i. There's still no grip for that camera.

So it's their mistake. And it was a wise decision not to trust the Canon-website.

What a pity!

Thanks again, guys!

And I also just got an email back from the good people at Adorama Camera who also said the BG-E18 is not compatible with the T7i but Canon will be releasing one shortly. I explained how that UK site confused the issue.

Hi John!

Yes, the website is confusing. And it is disappointing that there isn't a grip for the T7i.

But Adorama told you that Canon will release a grip? Shortly? That sounds great! Canon didn't tell me about that. They only confessed that their website is wrong.

The T7i is a good camera and Canon should release a grip. Well, we will have to wait. I really hope that Adorama is right and that Canon will do so.

Have a great day!

I do not care what Adorama says.  If Canon did not release a grip when the camera was released, then they are not suddenly going to release one more than a year later.  It is not going to happen, at least not from Canon.

Besides, like I pointed out above, the battery compartment lacks the extra contacts needed to make a batttery grip more than just a battery holder.  There are no provisions to connect a shutter button through the battery compartment.

The Rebel T5 lacked control contacts, too.  Third party manufacturers made “grips” with an external wire that plugged into the remote shutter input, which allowed for the shutter button to work on the grip.  But, you still had no main wheel to control shutter speed, and the external wire meant the port was continuously exposed.  They were only good as a battery holder, which is really not too bad of a deal.

Announcements