cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i Battery Grip.

fewcrank
Apprentice

I, for the life of me, can't find any battery grips for the t7i. Are they any at all that fit it?

38 REPLIES 38

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Think you are right.  I haven't seen one. 😞

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tim
Authority

Hello fewcrank, 

At this time Canon does not have a dedicated battery grip for the EOS Rebel T7i.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cassell
Contributor

I've been looking for a battery grip for my T7i. Unfortunately there hasn't been one - at least no grip made by Canon.

Today I've seen that Canon UK claims that there is a grip: the BG-E8.

Have a look on their website: https://store.canon.co.uk/canon-bg-e8-battery-grip/4516B001/?nav=accessories%2Ccameraaccessories%2Cb...

It's quite confusing. And in fact I don't believe that the BG-E8 fits the T7i.

So my question is: Does anyone actually use that grip with his T7i?

Well, that website does guarantee it is compatible with:

• EOS 800D
  • EOS 750D
  • EOS 760D
  • EOS 700D
  • EOS 650D
  • EOS 600D
  • EOS 550D
  • And I found a bunch of them on Amazon including the BG-E18, not E8, which I ordered already for my T6i. The UK might just use different part numbers. If you don't get confirmation here then ask the good people at BH Photo. Doesn't the T7i use LP-E17 batteries? Whatever you do don't buy it from overseas in case you have issues you'll get headaches along with them.

Thank you, John!

There's no difference between the T7i and the 800D. It's the same camera.

Yes, it uses LP-E17 batteries. And yes, it's confusing.

I already asked Canon to confirm that I can use the camera and the grip together. They didn't answer yet. But even if they will ... I'd prefer the assistance of another customer. Does anybody use the camera and the grip already?

PS: As soon as I'll get a response from Canon, I'll post it here!

@Cassell wrote:

Thank you, John!

There's no difference between the T7i and the 800D. It's the same camera.

Yes, it uses LP-E17 batteries. And yes, it's confusing.

I already asked Canon to confirm that I can use the camera and the grip together. They didn't answer yet. But even if they will ... I'd prefer the assistance of another customer. Does anybody use the camera and the grip already?

PS: As soon as I'll get a response from Canon, I'll post it here!

If I were Canon, I would not give you an answer, either.  I would only tell you that we have not released a battery grip for the T7i, and do not plan on doing so.  Refer any questions about third party gear to the manufacturer.  

Canon is under no obligation whatsoever to provide support for gear that they do not manufacture and sell.  None.  I know that might sound a bit harsh.  But, that is the long and short of it.  I hope you understand the reasoning.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am almost positive the BG-E18 battery grip will work on the T7i. Here is what I would do, purchase one from a site/seller with a liberal return policy and try it.

Canon, as well as most if not all OEM's, will not support. recommend or give advice on third party products but I am talking about a Canon battery grip, made by Canon. The people at Canon rarely go the extra mile with their answers so if it is not in the user manual, which it is not, that is all they will tell you My only other advice is to call/email BH Photo and ask their customer service or another camera store

Thank you, John!

I think you are right. I will ask another camera store for assistance.

I will let you know if I can fix that problem.

Ok best of luck to you!

Since that Canon UK site listed my T6i along with yours for that grip it has to be the E18 but with UK number of E8. I think you can trust that UK Canon site but any warranty issues will be a nightmare, you will have to ship it back to the UK. most likely on your dime too.

As a side note, I just emailed Adorama Camera with this question because I am curious now too! When I hear I will post it.

Announcements