cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i Battery Grip Please

Chris2
Apprentice

I've been using Canon product since my first camera is 1977 an AE1, then AE1P, and more resently Rebel XT,  a Rebel XSi, and now the Rebel T7i. All the other models I've allways had a battery grip or autowinder on the older film models. These add ons gave a bigger grip area for my large hand, which was nice. I was very surprised and disappointed that I could not get a battery grip for the T7i. Is there going to be one come out for it soon

29 REPLIES 29

Got the “is this a Canon battery question” answered no, and went right on with operation. Haven’t really used it enough to compare with Canon battery vs generic. 

Do you have to go through that each time or was it one and done?

It seems to be satisfied with one time, but if I remove the batteries or the grip, it will ask again. 

Using Canon LP-17 Batteries I get no error messages and battery status. Using non-canon I do get the error message, but the grip works fine. Won’t give battery status with the non-canons. I’ve had no problems with either set of batteries and in a month never had to recharge the replacements. 

Yes, asked if the batteries have the Canon logo, answer no and then get a second message Saing Canon does not guarantee the performance or safety of this battery. Do you want to continue? The replacements will not show the battery strength unless you’re using the LP-17 battery. Overall the Wasabis I’m using have shown a good battery life, and I seem to have equal performance whether using Canon or Wasabi, but don’t mix them. 

Jerseydualsport
Apprentice
So I bought some generic batteries from eBay, said guaranteed to fit t7i. Yes they fit. I charged fully, then put one into the camera. The question popped up, I answered yes, knowing it doesn't say Canon on it, the screen says shutting down to protect. So if I get a generic battery grip handle, will it say the same thing, even if I use 2 real Canon batteries??? I'm new to photography and really trying to learn the most, ON A BUDGET, but not wasting money because something won't work

Jerseydualsport wrote:
So I bought some generic batteries from eBay, said guaranteed to fit t7i. Yes they fit. I charged fully, then put one into the camera. The question popped up, I answered yes, knowing it doesn't say Canon on it, the screen says shutting down to protect. So if I get a generic battery grip handle, will it say the same thing, even if I use 2 real Canon batteries??? I'm new to photography and really trying to learn the most, ON A BUDGET, but not wasting money because something won't work

I strongly suspect that your problem is that you bought your "generic" batteries on E-Bay. I'll probably take some flak for saying this, but I wouldn't buy anything on E-Bay that I wouldn't buy from one of the better-dressed beggars in Central Square. I have several of B&H's "house brand" batteries (They tend to throw in an extra battery when you buy a new camera), and they have almost always performed indistinguishably from Canon batteries. (I think I had one go bad after a couple of years. I don't think I've ever had to junk a Canon battery, and some of mine are more than ten years old.)

One controversial remark deserves another, so I'll close with this one: I have a hard time thinking of anything less necessary than a battery grip. A grip adds size and weight to save you from having to perform an operation that should take less than 15 seconds.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Blue_South_Sky
Apprentice
I used two generic in mine, and it never asked me. I’m not sure why. My batteries may have a work around programmed in them. My best guess.

Jerseydualsport
Apprentice
Yes, eBay, something out of China, but with a Brooklyn mailing address lol. Lesson learned

Has anyone tried a Vivitar brand Battery?  Vivitar Battery in a Vivitar Grip?

Mike
Announcements