cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i Battery Grip Please

Chris2
Apprentice

I've been using Canon product since my first camera is 1977 an AE1, then AE1P, and more resently Rebel XT,  a Rebel XSi, and now the Rebel T7i. All the other models I've allways had a battery grip or autowinder on the older film models. These add ons gave a bigger grip area for my large hand, which was nice. I was very surprised and disappointed that I could not get a battery grip for the T7i. Is there going to be one come out for it soon

29 REPLIES 29

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You probably need to switch, or wait for a third party. There was another discussion here about the lack of a BG for a D77. I am thinking that Canon is making battery grips - like AFMA - a Pro/Consumer differentiator.

@kvbarkley wrote:

You probably need to switch, or wait for a third party. There was another discussion here about the lack of a BG for a D77. I am thinking that Canon is making battery grips - like AFMA - a Pro/Consumer differentiator.

Or maybe they just didn't sell enough battery grips for Rebels to make it worth the trouble.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Chris2
Apprentice

Plus it was also nice having the extra shutter button for portrait shots, and the extra battery power..... Please make one for the T7i

@Chris2 wrote:

Plus it was also nice having the extra shutter button for portrait shots, and the extra battery power..... Please make one for the T7i

I doubt if you will see one for the T7i from Canon, because it seems the T7i battery compartment apparently lacks the extra contacts needed for the control buttons on a battery  grip.  Cross your fingers that you see one from a third party.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Blue_South_Sky
Apprentice

Solved!!! Just purchased one on EBay. Company is out of China. Product name is Spash. Has two batteries and a shutter button. Button work around is a small cable that plugs into shutter release port.  Best of all its like $35.

Search on Ebay

BG-1X Battery Grip For Canon EOS 800D / 77D / Rebel T7i / Kiss X9i DSLR Camera

Be carful, one that comes up has the battery attachment turned the wrong way.

ill post back in few weeks when it comes in. 

Update...Wow grip is better than expected. I was worried it would just be plastic on the grip, but it’s actually feels like rubber. It makes a huge difference having two batteries in the camera. It did take three weeks from china, but did come 4 days earlier than expected. I would gladly have paid double the price. In fact, I may just buy another one as a back-up.

@Blue_South_Sky wrote:

Update...Wow grip is better than expected. I was worried it would just be plastic on the grip, but it’s actually feels like rubber. It makes a huge difference having two batteries in the camera. It did take three weeks from china, but did come 4 days earlier than expected. I would gladly have paid double the price. In fact, I may just buy another one as a back-up.

My advice would be not to use the external wire for shutter control.  Too much risk of damage to the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mmceleney
Contributor

Just bought a Vivitar Battery Grip from Amazon $39.95 works fine and with non canon batteries. 

Are you getting any of the error messages for not using a Canon battery? Are you seeing a big difference in battery life with two knock offs?
Announcements