Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

T7i : Autofocus problem

Hi guys, I use a Canon T7i for filming which isn't bad for beginners like me but I just run into an autofocus problem, when there's a group of people it keeps changing all the time tracking people faces and the focus is not good at all, how can I deactivate that or change that to have a good autofocus, hope someone can help me with this issue , Thank you

VIP

Re: T7i : Autofocus problem

Are you having focusing problems capturing video?

There are a couple of things that you can do.  One, hire a camera operator because the camera has a mind of its’ own.  Two, read up on shooting video in the instruction manual.  

BTW, the simplest cure is to focus the lens, and then turn of AF/MF switch on the lens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JPCG, 

To turn off the Face Tracking feature, you would have the camera in the movie shooting/ camera mode.  Then go into the Menu and into the AF Method sub heading.  Yours most likely has Face Tracking enabled.  You might wish to try Smooth zone instead to see if this gives you a better effect when shooting.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

thank you, it works perfectly with your suggestion