cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7 won’t disable auto power-off

DawnMadden
Apprentice
I am using this camera for live broadcast through OBS. I have disabled the auto power-off feature. I am on AC power, not battery. The camera still shuts off after 30 minutes. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings,

The T7 is not compatible with the CamLink hardware (according to their site) anyway.  So functionality might be reduced.  

Cam Link - Camera Check | elgato.com

I think John is correct in this case.  The camera itself will limit recording time to 29:59, if it thinks its recording.  Or less if it overheats.  If you use it with the EOS webcam utility, it acts as a capture device, and does not record.  It should run until the battery is depleted or longer if on AC power and it remains cool. 

I don't know how the T7 will behave attached to the elgato product. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

What happens if you use it wth the EOS WebCam Utility?  Does it still shut off?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DawnMadden
Apprentice
I am using HDMI through a camlink so I am not able to use that utility.

John_
Authority

Page 90 of your manual states that the max video recording time is 29 minutes and 59 seconds or less if the camera (sensor) is getting too hot. After that, you have to start a new clip. I am not  100% sure that still applies to live video but I would think so.

Greetings,

The T7 is not compatible with the CamLink hardware (according to their site) anyway.  So functionality might be reduced.  

Cam Link - Camera Check | elgato.com

I think John is correct in this case.  The camera itself will limit recording time to 29:59, if it thinks its recording.  Or less if it overheats.  If you use it with the EOS webcam utility, it acts as a capture device, and does not record.  It should run until the battery is depleted or longer if on AC power and it remains cool. 

I don't know how the T7 will behave attached to the elgato product. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

DawnMadden
Apprentice
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your help!
Announcements