cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6s lens compatible Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM Lens for CANON

luisontiveros
Apprentice

Hi, I attach Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM Lens for CANON to Canon T6s and in live preview the camera hangs out, any solution or where I can write to canon support to inform and looking for a software update, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon will tell you that compatibility with third-party lenses is no concern of theirs. You will need to contact Sigma to see if they have an update for the *lens*.

Ok, but Lens can be updated stand alone ?? or complete change the lens ?? thanks.

Sigma can update just the firmware in the lens, you don't need a new one. If you have the USB lens dock you can update it yourself, otherwise you have to send it to Sigma.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I can write to canon support to inform and looking for a software update"

That won't help !  Canon doesn't support third party lenses.  I doubt it is a firmwasre issue but you might try calling Sigma.  Good luck.  I haven't used the Siggy in question but not all SIgma's can be updated by the dock.  I suspect your is one that can not. It's worth noting that lens correction options and other camera functions on the latest DSLRs generally don't work with third-party lenses.  You may want to return it and buy a real deal Canon lens, perhaps the very good EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements