cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i and external monitor won't work

mderksen
Apprentice

I have a T6i and when I connect it to an external HD monitor using the HDMI out port no image is displayed on the external monitor. the camera acts like nothing has changed.

I went into the camera settings and set the Ctrl over HDMI to Enable, but that didn't change anything.

Am I missing something?

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you press the blue playback arrow. 

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

yes I have tried these steps using a few different monitors.  I'm beginning to think the port on the camera is defective 😞

I asked if you tried a new *cable* not *monitor*, and yes, if a new cable does not work, it is probably the camera. The "control via HDMI" has nothing to do with this. That simply allows you to control the camera with the TV remote - which I have never had success with, though my T6S displays on my HDMI TV's just fine.

Have you tried the composite video output?

Sorry my response was to the first person who responded. and I also tried multiple cables as well.

I don't believe my camera has a composite video out option. the HDMI is the only one I can see, unless I'm missing something which is possible.

It does have composite out with Canon cable. Plugs into USB port.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

oh interesting. I don't have one of those cables so I'll have to go pick one up. it's worth a shot, Thanks!

@mderksen wrote:
Sorry my response was to the first person who responded. and I also tried multiple cables as well.

I don't believe my camera has a composite video out option. the HDMI is the only one I can see, unless I'm missing something which is possible.

Is your LCD still active when you plug in the HDMI cable?  It shouldn't be.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I would try a different cable.

Sarah1989
Apprentice
I'm having the same issue and my LCD is still active even while the HDMI cable is plugged in. It was working fine yesterday. Could it be the port or the cable?
Announcements