cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i Mini HDMI Port Not Displaying Image

xPhar
Apprentice

Hello, I've recently purchased a T6i as well as a capture card to use as a webcam for streaming/recording. However, while trying to get the camera up and working with the capture card, I realized that no video was being displayed in OBS or other programs. I thought there was a chance I had received a defective capture card but it works flawlessly with other HDMI inputs. After trying with both a mini HDMI to HDMI cable and a known working mini HDMI to HDMI adapter with a working HDMI cable, I noticed that neither would display the LCD image to my monitor. The LCD also never disabled, meaning the camera isn't even detecting the HDMI input in the first place. Any ideas why this is happening?

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried plugging the camera into another HDMI device, like a monitor or TV?

If the LCD does not turn off, then the camera is not seeing that an HDMI device is plugged in. It could be that the connector on the camera is damaged. It is very easy to put too much force on that connector.

I have tried plugging it into my monitor both times. Also, I don't see how I could have damaged the connector as this is my first time trying to plug anything into it.

Then you probably need to call Canon - it looks like you need to have it serviced.

Announcements