cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i Flash

Weber007
Contributor

I have a T6i and want ot know if there is a way to diable the onboard flash for all settings. I don't have the same menu options as shown in the manual.(flash control). I would like to disable it once, instead of each time I use a different setting. I know I can create custom settings but I would like to just disable it across the board.

Any help would be apreciated,thanks

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you mean as a focus assist? ("Disco Flash") There is a custom function to turn it off.

Do you mean in green square mode? Just use the non-flash mode.

Do you mean in a creative mode? (I almost always use P) It only is used if you press the flash button.

I would like to diable it in all modes from the menu. Not have to do it within each mode.

You can't. The non-creative zone settings are designed to be automatic, and will decide whether to use flash or not. The only option is to use MAS or P. Like I said, I use P.

I kind of take that back. You can disable it from the menu:

flash.jpg

But see the little star? That means that this only applies in creative zone modes.

With all due respect, I thought I was clear in my original post.

I'm guessing there was a change in the menu settings from thr time of publication of the manual, to what is actually loaded in the camera. As I stated, I do not have that menu option. I was hoping there was another (different) method to accomplish the same thing.

Thank you for trying.

You do not see that menu option unless you are in MAS or P.

The camera is a very different beast in the creative zone modes. If you really want to have total control you need to leave the Basic zone.

Thank you very much.

It was not clear (to me anyway) that the main menu settings would change depending on what mode the camera was set to. I was under the assumption that the menu had a blanket control over all the modes at once.

Now that I fell like an idiot (sort of) I have a better understanding. It would still be nice to disable the thing from popping up.

Thanks again.

You need to read the full PDF manual. Also, Canon loves putting the really important stuff in little boxes:

menu.jpg

I thought i did read the manual. I guess I started to lose concentration somewhere before page 173 where the flash settings are. Live and learn

thanks for taking the time to answer

Announcements