cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6I Won't turn on

SodaOD
Apprentice

I was messing about with remote shooting, which I was enjoying but then camera died right in the middle of it. I knew it was the battery so I put it in, and it charged up like normal. I put it back into the camera after unhooking it from computer and now it won't turn on at all.

The battery is good, as I've tested it with another camera. I need this to work and can't afford to have it sent out. 

What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3

DaveandAngel
Apprentice

I have a new T6i, have not had any issues yet.  Hope something like that doesn't occur with mine, but if it does I will be on the phone with support right away!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SodaOD wrote:

I was messing about with remote shooting, which I was enjoying but then camera died right in the middle of it. I knew it was the battery so I put it in, and it charged up like normal. I put it back into the camera after unhooking it from computer and now it won't turn on at all.

The battery is good, as I've tested it with another camera. I need this to work and can't afford to have it sent out. 

What can I do?

Here is one possibility.

Both the battery compartment door and the memory card compartment have sensors on the door to detect if the door is properly closed.  If the doors are not fully seated, then the camera will not turn on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I've read all about that, and I can tell you I'm about 98% certain that is not the issue with mine.

If I had to guess, it'd be something about shutting down mid remote shooting.
Announcements