cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 wifi connection

cozmo354
Apprentice

I just got a new T6 and I am having a hard time getting it to connect to my phone. I downloaded the canon connect app and it will show as the camera being connected but then it will not go any further. It gives me a message to operate the camera to establish a connection.

I am using a LG G3 phone is it something to do with the phone?

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@cozmo354 wrote:

I just got a new T6 and I am having a hard time getting it to connect to my phone. I downloaded the canon connect app and it will show as the camera being connected but then it will not go any further. It gives me a message to operate the camera to establish a connection.

I am using a LG G3 phone is it something to do with the phone?

Do you have Wi-Fi enabled?  The camera uses either USB or Wi-Fi.  The factory default is USB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cozmo354
Apprentice
Yes it's enabled it shows that it's connect but then just says searching for connection

Christina_goto
Apprentice
It's not your phone I have an iPhone and the same thing is happening to me

With my iPhone, which is not NFC enabled, the connection is reliable.  Wifi on the camera must be on and the transfer to phone icon selected. During the initial setup, a password code will be given.  On the phone, you have to pick up the Canon wifi network, and enter the code.  Once the network is selected and checked, you can open the Canon app.  It takes several seconds before it finds the connection, but it will then activate.

if this does not work, which happened after the last update, simply reset your wifi setup on the camera, and forget your network on the phone.  Then start the setup from scratch and it should work.

Christina_goto, 

In order for the community to properly assist you can you please let us know what the operating version and generation of Iphone you are using?  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cozmo354
Apprentice
I am using a LG G3
Are there certain apps that could block the connection? My wife has the same phone and it will connect to hers so I'm wondering if an app on my phone is preventing it from connecting

@cozmo354 wrote:
I am using a LG G3
Are there certain apps that could block the connection? My wife has the same phone and it will connect to hers so I'm wondering if an app on my phone is preventing it from connecting

I'm not sure if the T6 has the smarts to connect to two different phones.  My gut says nay.

Connecting to multiple phones would require two separate phone configurations within the camera.  If it is possible to connect to multiple phones, then you would have to create an entirely new connection for each phone.  Then you would have to tell the camera which connection that you wish to use.

cozmo354
Apprentice
I tried wife's phone just to see if it would connect and it did. Not trying to connect to both but there are actually 3 slots available for connections

@cozmo354 wrote:
I tried wife's phone just to see if it would connect and it did. Not trying to connect to both but there are actually 3 slots available for connections

When I said connect to both phones, I did not mean both at the same time.  Contact Canon U.S. Support.

Announcements