cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 vs T7

M4M
Apprentice

Looking to purchase a camera I found a T6 w/ 2 lens and for the same price  aT7 w/1 lens is it worth the difference in price ?

Thank you for any advise 

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Go for the T7. It has higher resolution. If you are looking at a package deal with a slew of accessories, I suggest you pass on such deals.

I buy my gear direct from Canon or B&H Photo Video in NYC.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_
Authority

I just saw the T7 with the 18-55mm for 379, no trinkets and other junk. If it were the T7i I might have grabbed it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“If it were the T7i I might have grabbed it.”

I am glad you did not. No one needs a second Rebel. A replacement is fine, but I am not so hot on a second Rebel.

Go for a real upgrade to a midrange body, instead of an equivalent body.

Yes, you are right!

@Waddizzle wrote:
“If it were the T7i I might have grabbed it.”

I am glad you did not. No one needs a second Rebel. A replacement is fine, but I am not so hot on a second Rebel.

Go for a real upgrade to a midrange body, instead of an equivalent body.

I agree. Truthfully, I've been down on the Rebel line for years, because Rebels don't have autofocus microadjustment. IMO, a Rebel needs AFMA more than, say, a 1DX, because it's much less likely to be equipped with "L" lenses. (I've never encountered an "L" lens that needed AFMA.)

BTW, for some unexplained reason (a slight cost saving, I suppose), the 60D also lacked AFMA. If you have a chance to buy one used, turn it down.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you for your time and advise

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@M4M wrote:

Looking to purchase a camera I found a T6 w/ 2 lens and for the same price  aT7 w/1 lens is it worth the difference in price ?

Thank you for any advise 

The votes are in..  T7 at minumum.  T7i if you can swing it.

T7i has Digic 7 vs the 4 found in the T7

Big difference in low level light performance

Also has an articulating screen

You'll grow and appreciate it

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

T6 vs T7 ?

Newer is almost always best.  Go with the T7....................if you can swing it check out the T7i.

Never buy a kit or package from Amazon or really any place. The bundled packages are junk. Some are not even Canon USA gear. That can be a big problem.  When you get extra lenses, make sure they are Canon brand lenses. Some deals are not!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“I agree. Truthfully, I've been down on the Rebel line for years, because Rebels don't have autofocus microadjustment. IMO, a Rebel needs AFMA more than, say, a 1DX, because it's much less likely to be equipped with "L" lenses. (I've never encountered an "L" lens that needed AFMA.)”

Rebels did not need it for a couple of reasons. The big one is the added cost. The second reason had been the fact that prior to STM lenses, most consumers lenses could not focus accurately or consistently enough to bother with.
Announcements