cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 vs T7

M4M
Apprentice

Looking to purchase a camera I found a T6 w/ 2 lens and for the same price  aT7 w/1 lens is it worth the difference in price ?

Thank you for any advise 

13 REPLIES 13

"...  Rebels don't have autofocus microadjustment." "Rebels did not need it for a couple of reasons."

I sorta agree with both of you but for a different reason.

"The big one is the added cost."

That's not the reason because that is old tech for Canon and adding it probably wouldn't cost Canon a dollar more. So perhaps ten dollars when it hit the retail shelf. It may already be in the chip set and Canon disables it on Rebels.

"... most consumers lenses could not focus accurately or consistently..."

Precisely why you would want and or need it.

My main reason why it isn't a good deal on a Rebel is the folks that typically buy a Rebel are not into that advanced level. They mostly want a good DSLR that does better than their iphone does.  Not that it is everybody that buys a Rebel but certainly the vast majority. In the several years I did DSLR 101 classes, mostly Rebels for sure, no one, not one person mentioned focus adjustment.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"... most consumers lenses could not focus accurately or consistently..."

Precisely why you would want and or need it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

???  There is no point in trying to calibreate an entry level lens.  You do not get consistent, repeatable test shots.

For example, for laughs and giggles on a snowy winter Saturday afternoon, I was able to calibrate my EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM at the short end on an 80D, but just barely it seemed.  I suspect it was because I was testing at the short end.

When I tried to calibrate the EF-S 18-55mm from my T5, sample shots were all over the place.  It could not focus consistently enough to make attempting an AFMA adjustement worthwhile.

Most Rebel users and entry level camera owners have probably never heard of AFMA.  It is a useless feature on entry level cameras paired with entry level lenses.  Now, the STM lenses are an entirely different story.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"There is no point in trying to calibreate an entry level lens."

Well there you go Mr. 10,000 has spoken.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Waddizzle wrote:
“I agree. Truthfully, I've been down on the Rebel line for years, because Rebels don't have autofocus microadjustment. IMO, a Rebel needs AFMA more than, say, a 1DX, because it's much less likely to be equipped with "L" lenses. (I've never encountered an "L" lens that needed AFMA.)

Rebels did not need it for a couple of reasons. The big one is the added cost. The second reason had been the fact that prior to STM lenses, most consumers lenses could not focus accurately or consistently enough to bother with.

The added cost may be a reason for a camera not to get AFMA, but it isn't a reason for it not to need it. My first 17-55mm f/2.8 needed quite a bit of correction; but it was for a 7D, so it was a nuisance, not a show stopper. If it had been for my wife's T2i, it would have been a different story. (I later did get a 17-55 for the T2i, but fortunately that one didn't need correction.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements