Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

T6 continual focus with webcam utility?

I think I know the answer to this question: will the t6 set to ai face focus and using the webcam utility be able to continually focus as I move around in frame?  I believe the answer is no, the t6 doesn't have continual focus ability during video shooting.

I just want to confirm I have it set up right.

VIP

Re: T6 continual focus with webcam utility?

You are correct.  The T6 does not have those features.  It cannot lock focus and track subjects in Movie Mode.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

I figured.  I've just set my aperature so my dof is a little deeper and ordered a remote shutter trigger so I can half press the button from my chair while on web conferences if I do get out of focus.

New Contributor

@duanekeys wrote:

I think I know the answer to this question: will the t6 set to ai face focus and using the webcam utility be able to continually focus as I move around in frame?  I believe targetpayandbenefits  the answer is no, the t6 doesn't have continual focus ability during video shooting.

I just want to confirm I have it set up right.

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution

Thanks to giving the solution i will recommend your post to others