cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 blurry images wedding photography

Bbphoto
Contributor
I am a starting out photographer, using a t6 with kit lens 18-55. I have been getting a lot of work and everything is great. But I keep seeing some of the “far away” images are coming in blurry and I just can’t seem to figure it out. I thought that it may have been the md filter on the front of my camera but even when I took it off, they were still blurry even if I was only ten feet away. So I guess I have to start making all my shots up close? Please help me figure this out. I shoot in either creative auto or sport due to the fact that I just can’t seem to get crisp images in other settings. And I’m honestly scared to shoot in other modes because this works best for me. Please put in your input and help me solve this problem. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bbphoto
Contributor
Also - I have bought a pancake lens to help with my setup but I had to return it. It worked amazing, I could still see blurryness in the far away photos but i feel like it was better clarity than the kit lenses. I am trying to figure out what lens to get that won’t cost a fortune as I am on a tight budget. Also would love to buy a better camera but I am saving up. Any input on this would be great as well.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Don't buy any mirrorless right now. They aren't quite ready especially for professional use. Always the best gear you can possibly get is best which is the 1DX Mk II at the present.  I know it is a huge obstacle to over come I was there at one time.  But there is always the used market.  Great deal on 1Ds Mk III, Mk IV and even 1DX.  The reason for using this grade cameras are they are tough and they will be less likely to let you down. You need redundant too. At some point you will be faced with the dead camera at a wedding!  What do you do?  You have a blushing bride that is going to quickly become a .............. (you fill in that blank) when she finds out you can't do the shoot. Hopefully, it is just a failing battery or CF/SD card, etc., and you just replace it with a backup. But what if it is the camera?  Redundant backups are a must for any serious photographer. Your reputation is paramount.

There is nothing wrong with the Rebel line except durability in a professional setting.  I used as many as five of them at certain weddings. Only, for my SECOND SHOOTERS, however.  Mostly candids and side shots. The 80D is a great camera, one of my favorites. It's only shortcoming is durability which is better than the Rebel line.  The 5 series would be a better next step. Again if new is out of the question look used. You need to make a decision is this a hobby or is it a business. If you make good there will be times you shoot two weddings in a day. Thousands of shoots. Gear you can count on is mandatory.

Now lenses, I would only buy EF lenses and only "L" class. The staple duo  EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens and EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens.  Yup very expensive but they can be a one time purchase. And, again used is an option as there have been multiple versions of these war horses and all are very tough and very good.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"I do and always have used Lightroom, and PS when needed."

This is good. LR can be a lifer saver but PS is a money maker. "PS when needed," it is always needed!  You best practice should be Raw format, auto WB, optimum ISO for the shoot and critical focus. You know Bridge ACR/PS do exactly the same things as LR.

WHat about the legal stuff?  You have a Force Majeure and an event contract document? Copyright release form?

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Hmm, a person who only talks to people that agree with himself! How novel but certainly free to do so. I only give advice and experience from my five plus decades of photography. I still admit I don’t know everything, BTW.
EB
Announcements