cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 Settings and Example Pictures

Scalawag
Apprentice

I'm new to photography. To be honest I won a T6 at a Christmas party and thus decided to learn how to use it. I don't know anything about what the settings do and what it will do to the picture. I am looking for pictures and what settings they were taken on so I can see how to adjust mine and see what I can expect to get out of it.

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

Hi there I recently got a T6i the old fashioned way I had to pay for it! What I did and still am doing is reading about the camera as well as photography in general. I found 3 books written specifically for the T6, including the T6 for Dummies edition. They explain what you are asking, with pictures, settings etc and are way more helpful than the manual that came with my camera, and yours. There is also a wealth of T6 and photography info on the net, You Tube etc. You are looking at a learning experience that will take time, practice and patience. Far too much to ask in here unless someone wants to write a book or books! lol I think. In the meantime just shoot in auto and branch out from there. Also, subscribe to this thread, EOS Rebel, and you will get more pieces of the puzzles too.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

First and foremost, congratulations on winning a camera!

The T6 is a very good entry level DSLR camera.  I suggest downloading the full instruction manual from Canon Support, and make it your new best friend.  A DSLR is an instrument that photographers use to capture images for photographs.  Just like any musical instrument there is a learning curve, which will take some practice to climb.  

Two topics that you will want to search out on the web are “ Exposure Triangle “ and “ Depth of Field “.  Understanding these two concepts are crucial to understanding explore settings.  

I suggest using P mode for learning the camera.  P mode works almost like full auto, except you will now have access to the full menu system.  You will be able to make some changes to the exposure settings.  

Be sure to give your memory card low level format prior to first use, if you have not already done so.  Be sure to only use full size memory cards.  Avoid the MicroSD cards that use an adapter to make the full size.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Watching this video a few times will help too.     http://www.canonoutsideofauto.ca/

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I'm new to photography."

Reading and watching is fine but shooting is best.  Go out and shoot. You best friend in photography is your experience and memory of what worked and what didn't. And, possibly the most important thing is to get up close and friendly with a good post editor.

You need a manual so you can learn how to control the T6.  But use it and shoot a lot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements