cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 Autofocus Issues

timthemusicman
Apprentice

The auto mode for my T6 has been acting really weird. The first pic is what it normally looks like. The second is what it has looked like lately. Same lighting. I reset the settings and it hasnt seemed to do anything. I have gotten these to work on the other modes, but auto has been really wonky. Any ideas?Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 5.27.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 5.27.34 PM.png

8 REPLIES 8

Tim
Authority

Hello timthemusicman, 

So the community may provide assistance, we recommend including more information.  We recommend letting us know what lens or lenses you have tried on this issue.  Also, it appears that the built in flash was used on the second photo which caused this harsh lighting effect.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was using the EF 75-300mm and the EF-S 18-55mm. And I believe the built in flash was used for both photos.

If you used the ef 75-300mm zoom in either shot I am surprised you got anything.  It is not an indoor lens at all.

First shot looks fine.  Second shot shows some camera movement to me and if it was with the 75-300 that is probably the issue.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

BTW, neither shot is bad.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@timthemusicman wrote:

The auto mode for my T6 has been acting really weird. The first pic is what it normally looks like. The second is what it has looked like lately. Same lighting. I reset the settings and it hasnt seemed to do anything. I have gotten these to work on the other modes, but auto has been really wonky. Any ideas?Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 5.27.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 5.27.34 PM.png

What I think you're seeing in the second shot is an ETTL flash's aversion to blown highlights. The camera and flash are exposing for the bright spots, leaving everything else too dark. If you were using an add-on flash, I'd tell you try to try bounce flash. As it is, you should probably expose for the background and treat the flash as fill.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Do you really mean "Autofocus Issues" as your thread title states? Or are you questioning the Auto Exposure results you're getting?

I probably mean the auto exposure. I'm new to this. I'm only seeing this issue on auto mode

@timthemusicman wrote:
I probably mean the auto exposure. I'm new to this. I'm only seeing this issue on auto mode

I think your “this issue” is called DOF, Depth-Of-Field.  I think your photos look fine for the gear and conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements