cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i

Skctennessee
Contributor

What's this? It only appears in the manual modes and it's on the screen display and on the themselves? I'm using a T5i

C77740F8-2EEA-49C3-BF1B-727DC17BE42D.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is the aspect ratio; see page 157 of the T5i User manual.   "...the aspect-ratio lines will appear during image playback..."

In measuring your screenshot above, the screen itself is a 3:2 aspect ratio and those lines form a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Page 156 shows where you can set the aspect ratio.  It's in the 4th set of menus (same set for Live View shoot., AF method, Grid display)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have one of the other aspect ratios set?

Skctennessee
Contributor
Hi! I tried going to set my aspects ratio, and I didn’t see an option to change them. I went under every setting in this camera to try and find that.

It is the aspect ratio; see page 157 of the T5i User manual.   "...the aspect-ratio lines will appear during image playback..."

In measuring your screenshot above, the screen itself is a 3:2 aspect ratio and those lines form a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Page 156 shows where you can set the aspect ratio.  It's in the 4th set of menus (same set for Live View shoot., AF method, Grid display)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Skctennessee
Contributor
Thank you. That was the solution. I appreciate it.

Skctennessee
Contributor
Thanks! Yeah it was the aspect ratio: thank you

Skctennessee
Contributor

Can anyone tell me what's going on ? 
this appears in my LCD screen and photos themselves in my T5i.  It only happens in the manual modes 
C33499A2-F477-4472-9CF4-70B056DD38EB.jpeg

Announcements