cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i repair help needed...

ThatJeepGuy
Contributor
Hi, I have a T5i and last night the top of the mode selection wheel popped off. What adhesive would work best for reattaching this piece?
15 REPLIES 15

ThatJeepGuy
Contributor
I can see how they would be easily lost. Fortunately mine popped off on my passenger seat.

ThatJeepGuy
Contributor

I was going to go with some RTV that I used for securing small plastic parts on my motorcycle but I opted for the GE Advanced Silicone. I will leave updates as time goes by as to how well it works.

Best of luck to you!

The silicone will probably be OK but you have to be careful with it around electrical circuits if it is of the type that outgasses acetic acid during the cure (that strong vinegar smell you get while it is curing). 

Acetic acid is corrosive to copper, zinc, brass, etc. which are materials often used in various electrical connectors and switches.  Once cured, it isn't a problem but what you want to avoid is a situation where the fumes from acetic acid will be trapped and contained around electrical contacts, unprotected circuit board traces, etc.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

@ThatJeepGuy wrote:
Hi, I have a T5i and last night the top of the mode selection wheel popped off. What adhesive would work best for reattaching this piece?

Hello from a fellow Jeepster.

Steve Thomas

"Hello from a fellow Jeepster.

Steve Thomas"

My son is a 'jeepster' no I mean a Jeep gonzo!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements