cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i - Record video directly to PC hard drive?

buckspub
Apprentice

Hi everyone. I'm new to using cameras and have recently purchased my first, a Canon Rebel T5i.

I am beginning to use it to record talking-head videos and it works great. I'm not having any difficulty using it, but I would prefer it writes the recorded video directly to the hard-drive of my PC rather than its flash-drive.

Is it possible to make that happen?

I've been looking through the instruction book and have tried to find the answer on YouTube but have made no progress.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Buck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Buckspub,

When using the EOS Utility, provided with your camera,in the Remote Shooting mode, it is not designed to record movies to your computer in real time.  In most cases, you'll receive a popup window prompting you to save your remaining data to your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Buckspub,

When using the EOS Utility, provided with your camera,in the Remote Shooting mode, it is not designed to record movies to your computer in real time.  In most cases, you'll receive a popup window prompting you to save your remaining data to your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements