cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i Flash Rarely Works

t5i_user
Apprentice

I bought the T5i a year ago and just experienced the same issue. I have reset to factory setting and still experiences the same issue. I have attached a sample photo below that I took recently. This was taken with auto-mode, indoors in the evening with incandescent lighting. Do I need to buy a new camera? Is there a part I need to replace?

canon_t5i.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

thank you

@JuliaS wrote:

I am having the same problem and have been trying all that you all are mentioning.  I just went to clear the settings.  The 4th wrench is not available in the A mode. Is that normal?  I did find it in P and reset.  The camera does some shots fine now and others not at all.  Do I need to contact Canon?

Appreciate any help

Yes - it's normally to have extremely abbreviated menus in 'auto' mode.  Auto mode is designed for those who know extremely little about cameras and exposure and don't really want to learn about it.

It's considered part of the Canon "basic' modes (on the mode dial).  "Program" mode is the closest thing to full "auto mode" but which ALSO allows you to override settings (including forcing the camera to use a flash).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

JuliaS
Contributor
I am having the same problem. Any clues???
Announcements