cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i Dead/No Sign Of Power

IndaLight
Apprentice

I just bought a Mini HDMI to HDMI so I can use a monitor but I plug it in and played around. The I swtitched off the stabilizer and the camera died (Like it won't work the batteries are charged I checked with all 3). I can't turn it on at all, I even tried poping open the sd slot to see if the red light blinks and nothing. Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3

@IndaLight wrote:

I just bought a Mini HDMI to HDMI so I can use a monitor but I plug it in and played around. The I swtitched off the stabilizer and the camera died (Like it won't work the batteries are charged I checked with all 3). I can't turn it on at all, I even tried poping open the sd slot to see if the red light blinks and nothing. Please help. 

Just because you can connect electrical device A to electrical device B doesn't mean you should. A plausible assumption, sight unseen, would be that you applied to the camera a voltage or current draw that it couldn't handle and fried its innards. You can look into getting it fixed, but be prepared for it to cost more than the camera is worth.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have direct-connected my T5i to an HDTV to view recorded video from the camera with no problems, but I do not know what you mean by a stablizer?

Did you use a Canon cable?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

HDMI ports have a poorly documented feature that allows you to control the device recieving the signal remotely. The device that is being remotely controlled will have an option to enable or dsable this feature somewhere in its' setup For example, a DVD recorder can connect to your television/monitor. When you turn on the DVD, it can cause your TV to switch to that HDMI input, or even cause the TV to turn on and switch to that HDMI input. Likewise, if you turn off the DVD player it can, in turn, cause your television to turn off. Control over HDMI is a neat feature, but it can by annoyance if you have multiple devices connected to your TV, which is most people disable. The feature is normally disabled by default, but not always Your camera should have an opton to enable or disable this feature. It should have been disabled by default, but check it out, anyway. Hopefully, this is all that is "wrong" with your camera. Disconnecting the HDMI cable should bring everything back to normal, too.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements