cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5I Easy Wireless Flash problems

Charliemora2
Contributor

I have an EOS T5I and a 430EX-IIIRT Flash but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

I have selected Easywireless Flash on the camera, put the flash into Slave mode, and made sure they are on the same channel, but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

Wondering if anyone else has had these issues and if a solution was found?

14 REPLIES 14

diverhank
Authority

@Charliemora2 wrote:

I have an EOS T5I and a 430EX-IIIRT Flash but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

I have selected Easywireless Flash on the camera, put the flash into Slave mode, and made sure they are on the same channel, but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

1. This works only with the creative modes (Av, Tv, M).

2. You need to pop the built-in flash up

3. Your 430EX-III supports two slave modes - one optical and the other Radio.  The T5i can only do optical, so make sure the slave mode on the flash has the lightning bolt symbol and not the antenna symbol with the circles.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

You forgot "P" 8^)

@diverhank wrote:

@Charliemora2 wrote:

3. Your 430EX-III supports two slave modes - one optical and the other Radio.  The T5i can only do optical, so make sure the slave mode on the flash has the lightning bolt symbol and not the antenna symbol with the circles.

That is a Yes for all 3 questions, but still cannot get the Remote Flash to fire

@Charliemora2 wrote:

@diverhank wrote:

@Charliemora2 wrote:

That is a Yes for all 3 questions, but still cannot get the Remote Flash to fire

Optical means that the camera and remote flash need to have a line of sight.  

How far away is the remote, relative to the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Charliemora2 wrote:

@diverhank wrote:

@Charliemora2 wrote:

Optical means that the camera and remote flash need to have a line of sight.  

How far away is the remote, relative to the camera?

I tried different distances from 2 to 6 feet, while I was trying to get it to work, and I had the front sensor od the Flash facing the camera with the pop up flash up.  The Pop up flash would always fire, but the Speedlight would not trigger.

I’ll assume that you have it configured properly.  Sounds like you know what to do to make it work.  From what you have described, it sounds like the remote should fire.  If the flash does not work when mounted on the camera, then there could be problem with the flash.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Can you take a picture of the camera flash menu and the flash menu and post them here.  We can then can tell if something is amiss...

If you have set everything correctly it should work unless the flash is broken which I doubt is the case.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Charliemora2
Contributor
The pop up flash works when taking photos and the Speedlight works when mounted in the hotshoe.
I have read the manuals for the Camera and the Flash and watched several youtube videos trying to get this to work, the settings seem simple enough, as to why I am not sure why it's not working, and wondering if there is something simple I am overlooking.

I will take some pictures of the menus and post them shortly.

Thank you for all your feedback and help guys.

20171107_053351.jpg20171107_053401.jpg20171107_053425.jpg20171107_053430.jpg

Announcements