cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5 wireless setup

alexbayer57
Apprentice

So a little background info. I am a photographer that volunteers at robotics events. During the events, we have a video wall that we use to display a slideshow of pictures that we took that day.  As of now, we have to regularly go back to the av table, upload the latest pictures and put them in the folder. I want to find a way to automaticly transfer the pictures from my camrea to the computer without having to stop shooting.

If anyone has any insite, please, I would love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by -Alex

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Eye-Fi Card:

Untitled.jpg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@alexbayer57 wrote:

So a little background info. I am a photographer that volunteers at robotics events. During the events, we have a video wall that we use to display a slideshow of pictures that we took that day.  As of now, we have to regularly go back to the av table, upload the latest pictures and put them in the folder. I want to find a way to automaticly transfer the pictures from my camrea to the computer without having to stop shooting.

If anyone has any insite, please, I would love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by -Alex

The Rebel T5 does not have built-in WiFi, and the described Eye-Fi cards are no longer being produced as new.  Also, be aware that “Wi-Fi” does not mean networkable on a LAN.  Your camera lacks an OS, so it must connect to a host on a LAN, which is running an application that allows it to talk to th camera.  I draw a comparison to a wireless printer.

You are also describing connecting to a private, computer network wirelessly.  You need to discuss how this can be done with the network administrators, not with us.  They are the only authority that can give you logon credentials.  Do not count on it.

I think your best option is going to be to continue as you have proceeded in the past.  The network administrators have an established, and secure, method for photographers to “upload” photos to a designated folder for storage.  Do not expect them to change their established procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements