Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: T5 Sluggish to take picture, delayed reaction

I did clean the little (brass?, gold-colored square-shaped row of) connectors where the lens meets up/connects to the body of the camera, and that seemed to help some. I got a brand new Canon battery and charger, and that didn't seem to make much difference. It still does it on occasion, and I'm not really sure of the reason. 

I'd definitely try cleaning/wiping those connectors though. Try the easy/cheap stuff first Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SpringG wrote:

I did clean the little (brass?, gold-colored square-shaped row of) connectors where the lens meets up/connects to the body of the camera, and that seemed to help some. I got a brand new Canon battery and charger, and that didn't seem to make much difference. It still does it on occasion, and I'm not really sure of the reason. 

I'd definitely try cleaning/wiping those connectors though. Try the easy/cheap stuff first Smiley Happy

Don’t try to clean the gold contacts.  Gold is a soft metal, and can rub away very easily.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

There is 2-second delay timer (and also a 10-second delay timer).  The 2-second timer is mostly used for tripod shots becuase the act of "touching" the shutter button can make a tripod vibrate and that could ruin a shot.  The 2-second timer gives the tripod a couple of seconds to settle before it snaps the photo.  

You may want to check the 'Drive' mode and make sure you didn't accidentally switch the camera into the 2-sec delay mode.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
New Contributor

Did you ever get this problem fixed ? I was shooting a birthday party today with my 6D & after going from outside to inside it started happening . Then it would work normally & then act up again later.. please let me know if you figured it out ! Thanks !