cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i not recognize any card

reynaldomfbr
Contributor

T4i not recognize any card. The camera is new and never took a picture because the camera does not recognize any card.
I tried to use a canon SD card and the card identification light lit but the camera does not read the card.
I used several cards and it does not recognize the card.
I need help.

Reynaldo

10 REPLIES 10

Scatterbrained
Enthusiast
Have you formatted the card yet? You can format the card in the camera..

I already tried to format the camera but the camera t4i not read the card

Peter
Authority
Authority

Low Level format too?

yes. I formatted in low level but still not reading the card.

You used the camera to do a low-level format?  So it does see the card?

when to execute the command  low level formatting it shows the message Card not accepted

@reynaldomfbr wrote:

when to execute the command  low level formatting it shows the message Card not accepted

Just so we can be sure, is that the exact error message? or a translation from a different language (of your camera/menu)?  

What brand and model # is the card(s) you are trying to use?

I used the cards: Sandisk extreme 32gb class10, hp card sdhc 16gb class 6, cânon card SD .
The Message shows the câmera: "card cannot be accept" . Or message: "cannot formar chance card"

Tim
Authority

reynaldomfbr,

I was sorry to see that your EOS Rebel T4i isn't able to read these cards or perform formats.  Since multiple different cards seem to have this issue I would recommend setting up a repair online to get the camera evaluated.  I regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a a repair request on the web site.  

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=onlineRepairLanding

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements