cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i image viewing question

Swheisler
Apprentice
T4i when I am trying to view pictures in the image screen I get a small version of the picture but camera is saying "cannot view picture". I have formatted card and when I am taking the picture it shows up. It's when I scroll through the pictures it suddenly says I cannot view it. Very frustrating and don't know how to fix. Anyone please help
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Get a brand new, high quality, SD card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

Get a new, high quality SD card from a reliable source. The problem you are describing is rampant among counterfeit cards using very slow and defective memory components.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I have seen this occur after removing a card from the camera, viewing the images on my computer, then putting the card back in the camera without having done anything to it, while it was in the computer.

I suspect something is being put on the card or the images are being modified in some way for viewing while the card was in my computer... even though I didn't make any changes. I have a viewer on my computer I often use to review images and that might have done it. It wasn't happening with every image on the card, mostly (maybe only) just with images I had enlarged for closer inspection.

At any rate, the images were still fine on the card... I just couldn't see them any longer on the camera's monitor. Something the camera needs to view the images had changed.

I would suggest you remove all the images from the card... copy them onto your computer... then format the card in the camera.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This is normally what you'd see if the camera found something on the card that was not put there by the camera.  The T4i will only know how to handle it's own images on the card and will not be able to deal with images placed on the card by other cameras.

I noticed you said you reformatted... but I'm wondering if you own more than one camera and this card may have been used elsewhere and picked up images on the card from them.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements