Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i focus problem

zsmole
Apprentice

Dear people,

Its my first topic here, I hope I will do good. 🙂

Problem that I am having is with T4i (650D) focusing. To me, everything regarding camera settings and environment looks fine, but my photos are blurry. Maybe I am not seeing the obvious, please help if you can.

Camera: T4i Rebel (650D).
Lens: EFS18-55 mm

I don't think shutter speed is a problem since different speeds/tripod usage does not increase sharpness.
Also, aperture opening should not be a problem because I am not talking about the background, although is seems there is some kind of inverse correlation between blurriness and aperture opening. 

Below is my DropBox link of photos I have taken with different settings. First few I did manual focus point (the middle point) and I aimed it at my remote. Few last ones are automatic focus points. I analysed them with Digital Photo Professional and it seems that all of the objects in focus points ARE blurry.

All of the photos are taken on Av mode on tripod using self timer. Focusing is on AF mode. IS is on. Unfortunately at the moment I do not have other lenses to rule out the lens.

If someone could give me a hint what to do, that would be great. I would like not to send my camera to official service and spend money for something that could be trivial. 

Thanks,

Z

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqc5e3y30gpy244/AABk1-0n9h8ebbxbkQxuDdWva?dl=0

15 REPLIES 15

Thelay
Contributor
I hope so. But used to take photos indoors too until yesterday. Anyway, will try it oudoor and will let you know. Thanks so much for the reply.

Thelay
Contributor
Hello. Ok i tried to use it outdoors early in the morning but it just won't work in AF.
Tried to remove the lens and shutter clicks. Tried to put back the lens and set to AF, shutter won't click again and blurred photos in MF. also tried to clear all the settings and functions but same problem. What's next?

Thelay
Contributor
Btw lens is EFS 18-55mm

Do you have another lens, or can you go to a shop and try their lens on your camera and your lens on a different body? Seems like something is definitely wrong with one of the components.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thelay
Contributor
I dont have other lens to try on my cam. But yeah. I can try to go to a store and try their lenses. On saturday maybe. Will let you know. Thanks!

Thelay
Contributor
Hello. Just an update. Tried to have my lens sent to service center and After 2 wks. My lens is working fine. I just hope the prob won't happen again. 😉
Thanks again to canon gurus for the work around. 👍🏼
Announcements